2. OUR FAMILY OF COMPANIES You may find a complete list of our family of companies and our websites here.
3. THE PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT How we collect and store information depends on the products and services you use. You can use some of the Website without providing any information other than that automatically collected as described below:
If the Website contains link through to third party websites, those processes may involve the placement of third party cookies on your machine or device. Please be aware that we do not control these third party websites or any of the content contained on those websites, including the third-party cookies used for these purposes. The inclusion of links to third party websites in no way constitutes an endorsement by us of such websites’ content, actions, or policies.
In addition to the PI automatically collected, we may also collect PI about you: when you complete and submit registration forms, applications or other forms; from third parties, consumer-reporting agencies, fraud monitoring providers, commercial databases or know your customer providers (KYC); and transactions with us or our affiliates. This PI may include name, address, web address, IP address, URL, email address, phone number, payment transaction information, financial and credit card information, date of birth, government identifiers associated with you and your organization (such as your social security number, tax number, or Employer Identification Number), merchant or other customer identification.
The information we have collected in the last 12 months, and may collect in the future, whether automatically, from you, or from third parties, fall into the following categories: personal identifiers, personal information listed in the California Customer Records Statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e), protected classification characteristics such as race, commercial information, biometric information, internet or other similar network activity, geolocation data, sensory data, professional or employment related data, non-public education information, and inferences drawn from other personal information. As discussed below, you may have the right to request information on the specific categories we collect about you.
*Please note – we may collect information that is deemed to be educational information, such as student name and education records, when you use our education services. This PI may also be protected by other state and/or federal laws, including the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act, as detailed in the terms and conditions governing your use of those services
4. USE OF PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION We use the PI we collect in a variety of ways that are appropriate, based on legitimate interests or as authorized by applicable law, which may include:
5. HOW AND WHEN WE SHARE PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION We only share your PI with trusted entities, as outlined below, and will not share this PI to third parties for the third party’s commercial purposes or disclose PI that could identify you personally to anyone in ways differently than for the following purposes:
“Third parties” with whom we have shared PI in the last 12 months, and may share with in the future, may include, but not be limited to, service providers, governmental authorities, buyer in the event of a sale, contractors, third parties who market their products and services to the individual, subsidiaries and affiliates, and in some cases with customers (like schools and landlords).
Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, we reserve the right to disclose any PI about you if we are required to do so by law, with respect to copyright and other intellectual property infringement claims, or if we believe that such action is necessary to fulfill a government request; conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; protect or defend our legal rights or property, the Website, or other members of our family of companies; or in an emergency to protect the health and safety of the users of the Website or the general public
6. YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES. Our goal is to provide you with simple and meaningful choices about how your information is used. If you are a visitor to our Website or a customer, merchant or partner, you control your choices by your selections when you set up your account with us, for example to control the email you receive from us. Your account information will be retained in our database and maintained for future orders or transactions and as required under applicable law, rules, and/or regulations. It is your responsibility to ensure that the account information is accurate and you should update the information as necessary. We do retain information concerning transactions other than PI. For example, we retain non-personally identifiable data concerning the number, frequency, size and purpose of transactions. You have a right to inspect and review your account information, including your PI. If you request it, we will provide you with a copy of your account information.
You may request, up to twice in a 12-month period, the following information about the PI we have collected about you during the past 12 months, the categories and specific pieces of PI we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the PI, the business or commercial purpose for which we collected the PI, the categories of third parties with whom we shared the PI, the categories of PI about you that we disclosed for a business purpose, and the categories of third parties to whom we disclosed that information for a business purpose. Subject to certain limitations under applicable law, you may request that we delete the PI we have collected. To submit a request to exercise any of the rights described above, you may contact us by emailing [email protected] or calling 855-250-5850. We may need to verify your identity before responding to your request, such as verifying that the email address from which you send the request matches your email address that we have on file. Authentication based on a government-issued and valid identification document may be required.
California Shine the Light Law. California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our website that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. At this time, we do not engage in this type of disclosure.
Nevada Residents. Nevada residents have the right to opt out of the sale of certain "covered information" collected by operators of websites or online services. We do not sell covered information, as "sale" is defined by such law, and have no plans to sell this information.
7.OUR COMMITMENT TO SECURITY We value your confidence and have implemented administrative, technological and physical security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the PI under our control. We cannot, however, guarantee or warrant the security of any PI you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your PI. We recommend that you take steps to protect the privacy and security of your personal and payment PI and your activity while using the Internet. Where we have has given you (or where you have chosen) a password or access code enabling you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password and/or access code confidential. You should not share your password or access code with anyone and you should use all reasonable methods to ensure that there is no unauthorized use. You therefore authorize us to act upon instructions and PI received from any person that enters your user ID and password and you agree to be fully responsible for all use and any actions that may take place during the use of your account. You also agree to promptly notify us of any PI you have provided which has changed.