Students must purchase a permit to park on LHS property. Cost of permit is $20 per vehicle.
ALL INFORMATION BELOW REGARDING DRIVING AND PARKING RULES AND REGULATIONS MUST BE READ PRIOR TO STARTING THE PARKING PERMIT PROCESS BY BOTH STUDENT AND PARENT/GUARDIAN. BOTH STUDENT AND PARENT/GUARDIAN WILL BE ASKED TO CONFIRM THAT THEY HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND ALL RULES AND REGULATIONS BY SIGNING THEIR NAME DURING THE PARKING PASS PERMIT PROCESS. IN ADDITION, PARENT SIGNATURE INDICATES THAT STUDENT HAS PERMISSION/APPROVAL TO DRIVE TO LAKEWOOD CITY SCHOOLS.
Be sure to scroll through to bottom of screen to read all 15 items.
All overdue items (books, etc) must be returned in order to receive a parking permit.
ALL parts of the Parking Permit Application MUST be complete before a pass is distributed. Please be sure the insurance card you are uploading has an expiration date and has not expired. Note: out of district West Shore Career Tech students must also download the Westshore Waiver Form available for download on this page and the form must be signed by the parent/guardian and the Home School Principal before starting this process.
Once the parking permit application is approved, the student will be notified via school email. Please allow up to 2 school days for processing.
STUDENT DRIVING AND PARKING RULES AND REGULATIONS
Students driving cars to school have the responsibility of maintaining safety standards and observing the following regulations:
1. Student parking is permitted in the NORTH lot on Franklin Blvd. in ROWS 3-6 ONLY. Student vehicles found parked in any other high school area, during the school day, WILL be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
2. Parking stickers are non-transferable.
3. Students MUST complete the Application for Student Parking Permit and furnish all information requested on the application including the signature of the parent/guardian. Failure to complete all areas of the application will result in the request for a parking sticker to be delayed.
4. Students MUST produce a valid Ohio Driver’s license and proof of CURRENT auto insurance when submitting the application.
5. Parking stickers for the current school year must be affixed to the lower right corner of the vehicle’s windshield. Prior year stickers should be removed. Parking stickers affixed to any other area of the vehicle may result in security not noticing the sticker and could cause the vehicle to be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
6. Students are expected to obey all State of Ohio Traffic and Criminal Statutes and City of Lakewood Traffic and Criminal Codified Ordinances.
7. Reckless operation, excessive speed, illegal parking, etc., WILL result in the student having their parking privileges revoked.
8. The $20.00 permit fee is NOT refundable.
9. Upon arrival at school, students are not to loiter (hang out) in the parking lot or drive around the campus; this also applies to after school. Students should remove their books and personal items needed during the school day, lock their vehicle, and report to their first class. Students are not to return to their vehicle until the end of his/her school day.
10. Vehicles MUST be parked within the designated parking spaces.
11. All parking on Lakewood City School properties is at the vehicle owner/drivers own risk. Lakewood City Schools assumes no responsibility for damage to or theft from any vehicle.
12. Unauthorized vehicles will be towed at the vehicle owner’s expense.
13. Lakewood City Schools will not assume responsibility for any damage to the car or its contents.
14. Search of a student and their possessions, including vehicles, may be conducted at any time the student is under the jurisdiction of the Lakewood Board of Education, if there is a reasonable suspicion that the student is in violation of school rules. A search may also be conducted to protect the safety of others. Searches may include the assistance of dogs trained to detect the presence of drugs.
15. Applying to drive and park on school premises constitutes acceptance that there is no expectation of privacy for materials stored in the car while on school premises.