2023 MSBOA Solo & Ensemble Festival is almost here! Please register if you plan on participating. Students may participate in 2 events maximum.
The festival starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 5:00 PM. You do not have to be there for the entire day. Your exact performance time will be provided approximately 2 weeks prior to the festival. You must provide your own transportation.
1. Classical music (Mr. Donnelly will help you find music, or your private instructor.)
2. Must be a minimum of 1 minute and 30 seconds to qualify.
3. All soloists must play with a piano accompanist (unless you are a percussionist).
You may find your own accompanist OR Mr. Donnelly will refer someone you can contact
4. At the festival, you must provide the original copy (no photo copies) of your music for the adjudicator to review.
5. You must be willing to PRACTICE and prepare your music at home. Mr. Donnelly needs to hear you at least once before the festival. It is your responsibility to ask for help.
6. A minimum of class time will be designated for solo and ensemble practice.